Community Medical Center is a place for every woman and every baby. More babies are born at Community than any other hospital in Montana—over 1600 per year! And the new Women’s and Newborn Center more than doubles the size of our facilities and incorporates the latest technology available.
From Day One
We want to make sure your stay with us is comfortable and pleasant. At Community, we provide family-centered care, and that starts on day one. Your entire family is welcome here as you celebrate the arrival of your child. Babies “room-in” with mothers, and family/infant bonding is encouraged. We have birthing rooms for the labor-and-delivery process and post-partum rooms for mother and baby after the birth. We also have a dedicated Caesarean surgical suite ready and waiting if the need arises.
Plus, we offer some extras you might not expect:
- Breastfeeding is promoted by a knowledgeable staff and full-time lactation specialists.
- All newborns undergo the Hearing Screening Program.
- E-cradle service is available to show off your baby's photo on our website if you wish.
- Our Child Seat Safety Program is staffed by certified child passenger safety technicians.
Taking care of you and your baby
We all know that great nurses are the key to great care. Our highly-experienced nursing staff is trained in numerous areas including:
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring
- The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- S.T.A.B.L.E. program for infant stabilization
- Certifications in high-risk obstetrics
In addition, Community Medical Center offers the only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). in the area, to care for our most fragile patients.
Ready to learn more about the birth experience?
Click here to see an interactive video about childbirth. You can also sign up for our Birthing Basics, Breast Feeding, and other classes HERE.