Student Affiliation Program
Definition: A formal program of study in which the student is currently enrolled in an school sponsored, credit class or program and is seeking a rotation at Community Medical Center. A formal affiliation agreement between the school and the facility has to be in place for this program. Please contact the Student Coordinator at (406)327-4009 email@example.com if you have any questions about an agreement for your school.
An affiliation agreement needs to be in place to go forward with a student placement for educational rotations. This can sometimes take some time. Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure an agreement is current and in place well in advance of an educational experience. This cannot be done by the individual departments and must be approved by the Student Affiliations department.
Paperwork, Documentation and Requirement Information for Rotations
Please review the attached documents that include the requirements for doing an educational rotation at Community Medical Center
1. Review Western MT Student Checklist/Orientation Manual. (Read only)
Fill out Background Release Form in case we need to get a copy of the background check from the school for an audit or submit a copy of the background check with the Background Release Form. In some cases the school may not provide a background check for students. If this is the case, the student will be responsible for providing a criminal background check along with exclusion list checks from the national sexual offender registry search http://www.nsopw.gov/en-us Pleas.e check with your school contact to see if this is your responsibility to avoid delays in starting your student experience with Community Medical Center.
Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be turned into Human Resources to obtain your CMC ID Badge prior to the start of a rotation. Feel free to scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer you can fax them to the secure fax line in the Student Coordinator's office at (406)327-4497.
Other Student Forms (Nursing Students only)
2. Pyxis Test
1. Review Western MT Student Checklist/Orientation Manual (Read only)
- Please e-mail Kathe Hartley email@example.com (406)327-4253 a list of all your students names for Cerner access. Please call Kathe Hartley if you have any questions regarding Cerner (Electronic Medical Records) at Community Medical Center.
- Fill out the school portion of the Background Release Form after the student has filled out their portion of the form unless the student is providing a copy of the background check with the release form. The background must include a national sex offender search and an exclusions list check as well as the national criminal background check.
- Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be turned in to Human Resources to receive CMC ID Badge and prior to the start of a rotation. In order to process the badges in a timely fashion and prevent you from having long waiting times, please schedule with Human Resources. Human Resources can be contacted at (406)327-4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org Upon completion of the clinical year, identification badges must be turned in to Human Resources and will be reissued if the student returns.
Maria Phillips, Education Specialist