We are proud to partner with The Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana to prepare you for any career in family medicine. The program is a 3-year Family Medicine program accredited by the ACGME, including Osteopathic Recognition, sponsored by The University of Montana, and affiliated with the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network.
Paperwork, Documentation and Requirement Information for Rotations
Please review the attached documents that include the requirements for participating in the medical residency program at Community Medical Center.
Medical Resident Instructions:
- Resident Physician License - Residents PGY2 or above require a resident physician license. This can be found at:
MedicalBoard.mt.gov Forms > License Application Forms
- Review Resident Checklist/Orientation Manual
- Parking Map for Medical Residents
- Tobacco Policy
- Pharmacy Orientation Packet
- Medical Resident Checklist (Print and return)
- External CERNER IT Access Form (Print and return)
- CMC HIPAA Privacy and Security Training (Print, sign, and return - last page)
- Background Check/Release Form (Print and return)
- Statement of Responsibility and Confidentiality Forms (Print, sign, and return - 2 pages - sign both pages)
- Medical School Diploma
- Copy of Background Check
- Our online regulatory courses are required for all students/residents who complete 160 or more student/resident hours at Community Medical Center. Create your account online. (Department = STUDENT; Job Title = STUDENT). Once you have created your account your required modules will be automatically assigned to you.
- Background Check - Residents will need to fill out a Background Check / Release Form in case we need to get a copy of the background check from the school for an audit or submit a copy of the background check with the Background Release Form. In some cases, the resident program may not provide a background check for residents. If this is the case, the resident will be responsible for providing a criminal background check https://doj.egovmt.com/choprs/ along with exclusion list checks from the national sexual offender registry search. Check with your resident program to see if this is your responsibility. This will help to avoid delays in starting your resident experience at Community Medical Center.
- Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be turned into The Education Department (located in the basement of Community Medical Center) to obtain your CMC ID Badge prior to your first day.
- In order to process the badges in a timely fashion and prevent you from having long waiting times, please schedule contact us to schedule an appointment at (406) 327-4585 or email. Upon completion of the clinical year, identification badges must be turned in to the Learning & Advancement Center at Community Medical Center.
Resident Program Instructions:
- Resident Program Checklist Print and return)
- Immunization Form (Print and return)
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Medical Staff Rules & Regulations
- The CMS rule requires students/residents to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have obtained an approved medical or religious accommodation
- Include a "Letter of good standing" -for all medical students include type of rotation, rotation dates and preceptor
- Include a copy of your current liability insurance
- Please e-mail a list of all students names for Electronic Medical Records (EMR) / Cerner access and the requested rotation. For EMR questions, at (406)396-7571.
Medical Staff Services Manager
Community Medical Center
2827 Fort Missoula Rd., Missoula, Montana 59804
P: (406) 327-4585 | F: (406) 327-4502